Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Twice-Cooked Pasta

One of my favorite meals is leftover pasta. The sauce is always tastier the next day as flavors meld and it's just such a nice comforting meal. Reminds me of growing up.

And here's how to make it even better... pan fry it up. That's right - heat some olive oil in a large sauce pan and throw in the leftover pasta and fry it up till it's burnt and crispy on the bottom. I like spaghetti the best, but any shape pasta will do just fine. I am not a fan of cream sauces, so I have never tried this with alfredo, but any red sauce is good to go and even pesto works nicely. For pesto, I think you need to have more sauce than you think otherwise the pasta can dry out.

If you want to get fancy, add more garlic or other vegetables/herbs/meat, to give the dish a new twist.

Mmm mmm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment