Sunday, August 25, 2013

Awesome Gluten Free Flour Mix

This is the best gluten free flour mix I have tried so far. Since it works so well, I keep a pre-mixed large quantity ready for use in other recipes. I tend to use Bob's Red Mill flour and I like the products for the most part, which is good since they are the most common in my area.

2/3 cup (70g or 2.5oz) corn starch
1/2 cup (60g or 2.125oz) tapioca flour
1/2 cup (60g or 2.125oz) potato starch

I mix the flours by weight. 60g = approximately 85% of 70g (59.5g is exactly 85%) and you can scale that ratio up to any amount for which you have storage space - the following is an easy batch to mix. I know the tapioca is light but those are the package amounts that I have been able to find.

28 oz of corn starch - 2 16 oz packages but having a little leftover is never bad for cornstarch
24 oz of potato starch - 1 24 oz package
20 oz of tapioca flour - 1 20 oz package

No comments:

Post a Comment