Saturday, February 1, 2014

Avocado-Hummus Dip

This recipe was contributed by Kay Chun to Food and Wine. My wife loved this! I was more so-so about this. I kept thinking that I like guacamole and I like hummus, but why do I want guac-flavored hummus? As I said, my wife loved it, so I know it's a solid recipe.

Time: 15 minutes
Amount: 2 1/2 cups

2 medium Hass avocados, peeled and chopped
One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
Kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
Assorted crudités, bread and tortilla chips, for serving

In a food processor, puree the avocados with the chickpeas, lemon juice and tahini. Add the 1/2 cup of oil and puree until smooth; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the dip to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and serve with crudités, bread and chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment